2.02.2008

The Smock Coat Photoshoot

Here are a few...well several pictures of Ava wearing her new Smock Coat by Debbie Bliss.




I found out that it can be quite challenging to get a toddler to cooperate with picture taking. Do you notice that she won't look at the camera? She was too distracted...probably by her coat's gorgeousness... :)

















This is the Smock Coat pattern out of the book Simply Baby. I made the 18-24 month size which fits Ava perfectly! It used 10 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere in red. Is it just me or does that seem like a lot of yarn for a baby sweater? It must be because I used sizes 3 and 4 needles knitting needles. It is knit so tightly!

I just am in love with this baby coat. It is so elegant looking to me. Would I ever make it again? NO!!! Knitting cotton at that small of a gauge did a number on my hands and just was not enjoyable! I am however so happy that I stuck with it. I love the finished project!
This is the fourth sweater I have knit from the book Simply Baby. It's full of super cute baby patterns. Here are pictures of the other sweaters I knit in 2007. (Before the blog...)

Baby Shrug

Striped Sweater


Hooded Jacket

To sum up...Debbie Bliss rocks. I'm thinking about making the beret next to go with the coat.



Who am I kidding? I have so much knitting to do..

8 comments:

Knitcrazy said...

The Smock Coat is so Cute and your Daughter looks adorable in it... Too Cute..
All your other D.B. knitting is wonderful too..
There was a post in My Ravelry Group about D.B. Patterns ( Knitting for Kids).. Yours all turned out Great!!! Did you use the yarn suggested ???
Penny

Dorcey Troutner said...

Good JOB Alana
I know how much time and work you put into that BEAUTIFUL Coat.
AND you made your deadline!!! WOW
See you at the shop soon.
Dorcey

Rebekah said...

OH wow! Alana that is absolutely gorgeous. And AVA is too cute for words.

Rebekah - Knit Knack

Cathi said...

Beautiful job Alana! Ava looks so adorable in her new smock coat.

AudKnits said...

How wonderful that the Smock Coat turned out SO GREAT! Ava looks darling in it. I love the ribbon you added! Congratulations on creating yet another fabulous piece. Your perserverance paid off!

Audrey

Sheila said...

The Smock Coat is beautiful. And your daughter is very sweet. Your Smock Coat is one of the best I have seen on the web. I emailed a link to my daughter to see an example of the coat I want to knit for her little one.

sabrina said...

Can you help me with the instructions? I'm trying to make this smock coat and am baffled. I'm on the Right front, after changing to size 3 to work on the vertical slot. k3, yo, seed, etc... work 6 rows more. As you're making this slot for the ribbon, are you also making a buttonhole at the same time?

sabrina said...

Oh! And by the way, your daughter is adorable and the coat came out great!