8.12.2009

Ribbit



If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you will undoubtedly know that I love knitted toys.
So when I came across this adorable little frog pattern, I knew what had to be done about it. I just couldn't resist this little frog's cute round tummy and happy little face. He needed to become part of my daughters knitted toy family.

And are we ever happy that he did!

Ribbit has been accompanying my daughter everywhere! He has been a playmate through the day and a friend to cuddle with at bedtime. She is thoroughly pleased.

But it wasn't only the cuteness that drew me to this pattern. I also think it is just soo clever that his tummy is stuffed with a tennis ball which makes him hop around like a real frog when he's tossed about. What a cute idea! Also he took only a tiny amount of yarn. I already had leftovers of Spud and Chloe Sweater yarn in the color Grass from my Chloe pattern. (yarn found here) So it worked out perfectly! Even after knitting up this little frog, I still have leftovers to make this cute little hat in the future!

I love it when I can use up scraps!



22 comments:

Kate said...

I can't wait until I have a moment to make him! He's been in my que for a while!

Nancy McCarroll said...

great job and good photos!

Team Knit said...

Such a cutie!!knitted toys are the best.

- Julie

Angie said...

He is just too cute. As is your daughter. :)

Heidi said...

oh this one is really delightful!!!

Poethead said...

He turned out so cute! I didn't realize he had a tennis ball in him. Great idea. I am not crazy about knitting toys (it's the arms and legs and the attaching them!), but I do have the pattern, and I do have the yarn for Chloe, so we'll see. Your little girl is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is quite definitely the cutest thing I've seen all day. I must make one soon!

Hallie said...

Where can I find this pattern? Do you sell it? I am new to knitting and also addicted for knit toys! I'd love to make one for my girls!

Alana said...

Hallie,

You can find the pattern here:

http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/2009/07/ribbit-free-pattern/

Thanks! :)

Zenitude said...

I love it! Just too cute!

CuteStuffInside said...

Too cute!

S.W.A.K.

mike and chenoa said...

Oh dear. My husband has more left over tennis balls than we know what to do with, plus I have some green stash yarn that will work...

Melissa said...

When I first saw that frog on the Spud and Chloe website, I wanted to knit it too. It is so cute. I just don't know if I will have time to do it though. Yours turned out perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love it! Will definitely have to make it. Thanks so much!

Deb said...

He turned out so cute! I need to go buy a tennis ball, so I can make this little guy. Your daughter looks quite taken with him :). Wonderful photos!

sherriknits said...

we love Ribbit, too. I actually carry him in my purse so when i see my granddaughter, I can pull it out for her to play with and even though she's almost 1, she plays with him much like your daughter does. (and she's very soon to get her little Chloe sweater for her birthday next week!)

Amanda N said...

Oh Alana,

What a gorgeous frog! And your photos are fantastic. You always take the best Ive seen - so professional. Well done. And by the way I love Rose Red.

Amanda N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda N said...

Oh Alana,

What a gorgeous frog. And such a great colour. You always take such professional photos, the best I have seen. Great work.

PS: Love Rose Red.

Amanda said...

He is so cute, I just had to go and get the yarn to make one (or two).

deedalee said...

That row counter is very clever!

Thanks for another great podcast!
Diane (deedalee on Ravelry)

Phyllis said...

Love your review of the row counter!
Was that your green frog I saw at SockSummit in the booth with Spud and Chloe yarn and samples?
Love your podcast, website and photos!!
Cheers,
Sonomaknits on Ravelry