12.22.2009

Li'l Man Vest


This past August I had the privilege of joining the Spud and Chloe design team!
I love working with the Spud and Chloe line of yarns, they are so soft, easy to work with and even machine washable. Perfect for kids!

This is the first of my patterns to be released through the Spud and Chloe company.


This little bulky vest makes the perfect classic, cozy, last minute gift for the little one in your life. It's knit with 3 skeins of Spud and Chloe Outer on size 10 1/2 needles. You won't believe how fast this little thing knits up.. Only a few evenings at the most!

Spud and Chloe named this pattern the "L'il Man Vest", but I think it can be worn by a girl as well. I've always thought it would look adorable on my daughter paired with a crisp white shirt, a plaid skirt and tights.

You will find this pattern at your local yarn shop or online here. Enjoy! :)


17 comments:

Rosemary said...

Alana: As I said in you last post comments section, I have just found you and listending through all your podcasts. I have been viewing susan andersons blog for years and I too will knit with Spud and Cloe. I definitly will make this sweater in 2010 for my 5 yr. old grandson and 2 yr. old granddaughter. Thanks so much. rosevta@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Lovin' this wee vest! Just divine

Tara said...

I just love this vest! I'm also a huge Spud & Chloe fan. I've already made their Playground Hoodie for my little guy and I think this vest will be next on my list.

Anonymous said...

I love this vest!

the nest said...

it's adorable! what a great project for S&C outer, of course, but also for all the bulky bits & bobs about my stash!

happy christmas, Alana!

Jen Price said...

Just lovely and so cute on that little man!

Anonymous said...

You are a PERFECT match for that company -- congratulations on working with them. Based on your podcast review, I just ordered some Spud & Chloe sweater (from Dancing Ewe!) and plan to make your "Chloe" for my almost 7-year-old. :)

Kate said...

This is adorable!! You have such a nice touch, and outer is so SOFT. This is a really tempting little project. Great job and congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's an adorable vest!

Kellykat said...

Such a cute little vest, well done. :)

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I wish you great success!

I love the vest. I need to find a child to knit it for. Mine are too old for this project!

Kathryn said...

Great little vest!

Poethead said...

Congratulations on your design for Spud & Chloe! I love the line, and I'll be watching for your designs.

Happy holidays to you and your little lamb.

Lynette said...

this is a great pattern. i have to knit this soon.

i hope and pray your holiday was a wonderful one.

Unknown said...

OMG...love the vest! I wish I would have been able to knit this for my boys for x-mas. I did the Pembroke vest (which was lovely) that took forever because of the cabling. Normally I wouldn't mind but I was in a rush before the holiday. Great job!

LTC Jack Haefner said...

Love this vest! Would you consider "up-sizing" this pattern to fit older boys (6-8) - it's so hard to find vest patterns for this age. Thanks.

Alana said...

In response to Jack:

Thank you! I will keep the 6-8 size range in mind for the future. This particular pattern was published through the Spud and Chloe company and they choose the size range.

:)