8.30.2010

Classy Cosette



Cosette Sample
Fun with the camera

I would like to share with you this beautiful version of my Cosette pattern knit
for the Never Not Knitting trunk show by Preeti of the Rambling Roses blog.
Thank you Preeti!

The Madelinetosh Tosh Merino yarn that this pattern calls for can be hard to come by since it is in such high demand. It's a wonderful yarn and its not hard to figure out why it is so popular. Time and time again I search for this yarn in a certain colorway only to find my favorite online shops claiming that it is "back ordered" once again.

If this has been your experience, no need to fret. The above sample looks surprisingly similar to the original, yes? The amazing thing is that the body of this piece is not Madelinetosh Merino but Dream in Color Classy! Yes, the Strange Harvest colorway in Classy is nearly identical to the Madtosh Olivia colorway! Don't you agree?

I love this colorway so much. It might be my favorite. I'm so happy to know of an alternate.

With the weather getting a bit cooler, I've been thinking of this design more and more. It's perfect for Fall. Also I have been obsessing over making a lace weight or sock weight version for myself. I was inspired after seeing THIS project on Ravelry.
Why didn't I think of that??


8 comments:

JelliDonut said...

It's lovely!

Charmaine said...

That is a gorgeous colorway! Makes me want to make one!

Denise said...

This is a beautiful color for Fall, it looks gorgeous.

behind the ivy said...

This is beautiful!

Poethead said...

That's really pretty!

Julia said...

If you need more test knitters for small projects, I'd be happy to help! Your designs, as always, are lovely.

Maryse said...

Really pretty!

Mama Magpie said...

Oh, that is so gorgeous!