2.14.2011

A Gray Cloudy Day



At the last minute, despite my insanely crazy, busy schedule, I've somehow cranked out this new 
Cloudy Day beret for a sample at our Stitches West booth.


It's knit out of the lovely Becoming Art Agave yarn in the heavy fingering weight. I always thought that the Becoming Art Cielo yarns were my favorite.. that was until I knit with the Agave.

Wow. That is all I have to say about that.

I thought this gray colorway called Driftwood was a very fitting match for the Cloudy Day beret. 
It's a beautiful silvery color with little flecks of gold-ish tan that show up occasionally.

I wanted to share these photos with you so that you could see how this beret looks knit up in a smooth yarn. It's a different sort of look, but very pretty I think.




Pattern available HERE.
Yarn available HERE.



7 comments:

Ariane said...

Both yarns you used give different results, but both are lovely!

Julie said...

this hat is gorgeous!! Absolutely love it.

Suzanne said...

Just beautiful!

Andrea said...

So pretty. I love it. :)

Cakewalk Yarns said...

love them both...and I am impressed with your speed knitting!

YarnOnTheHouse said...

This beret is so lovely! :)

Unknown said...

very beautiful. lovely.