3.01.2011

Yarn Loveliness



I know that as knitters, we have all seen pretty yarn before... 
But seriously now, have you ever seen a skein as pretty as this?


I don't know if it's the depth of color, the blended tones or the fact that this is my favorite color green, but I am completely in love with this skein of Pigeonroof Studios Cassiopeia DK in Juniper.




I acquired this skein (among others) from Krista at the Pigeonroof Studios booth at Stitches West.
I have been staring at it ever since. 



I know that I've said this before.. about other yarns.. but this might be my new favorite.

This texture. This colorway. The fact that it is an insanely indulgent blend of merino, cashmere and silk... 
I just love it.

I've wound it up and it's going on my needles right now. 
I need to find the perfect project to showcase it. 
I'll let you know what I come up with when I've figured that out.


More beautiful Pigeonroof Studios yarn available HERE.



18 comments:

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

LOVELY!!! I might have to "budget" to get that yarn!

Anonymous said...

It is very striking. I just love green, too

rinebird said...

I love Pigeon Roof Studio yarns.There are so many yarns on Etsy it is such a hard task to choose.I can see that PRS has many customers.I just checked the site after reading your comment.

Angela N said...

I have some PRS in Juniper and it is sooo gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Michelle B said...

That yarn is so YOU!

Suzanne said...

That yarn has incredible depth of color and sheen. I don't envy you for the choice you have to make about what it'll become but I'm sure I'll covet whatever the finished object.

thewalshfam said...

Good for you! You deserve to make something fun and for yourself!!! Enjoy the beautiful yarn!

Kathy said...

Sometimes I buy a skein of yarn that I love so much, that I keep it just to take out now and then and look at and cherish. Sort of like an art object. Weirdly enough, I feel like I might 'ruin' it if I knit it into something, because it's already perfect the way it is. Crazy, hunh?

carolshue said...

Wow - that is stunning - I love Green!

Anonymous said...

PRS yarn is always so pretty! Can't wait to see what you make out of it!

Cakewalk Yarns said...

You must be thinking spring! The green is lovely

Kristi ~ ArtSea said...

Awe, sooo pretty! Runner up color is "silent mauve"!!! Ug, I want!!!

Maryse said...

It feels so good to have a nice skein of yarn to look at, smile to, and loooove!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. I feel similarly about a skein of her yarn I bought at Stitches in the 'dragon' colorway. If only there were more hours in the day...

CeltChick said...

Oh my, it's even prettier wound up. Or maybe not so much prettier as more potent with possibilities! BTW, I'm waring my favorite combo of colors: green & purple!

Ellen said...

I really like Pigeon Roof Studios. I love her fiber even more than her yarns but I need to learn to spin.

Anonymous said...

I forced myself to walk away from Pigeonroof as I was so far out of budget. Of course, that is much easier since they are local. :~D

k.g gray said...

Its beautiful a little too yellow for me right now, but very pretty.