10.10.2011

Hooded Jacket



While we are waiting for Mr. Baby to arrive, some of these baby knits may be modeled 
by this very reluctant bear.




This is the Hooded Jacket pattern knit from the book Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss. I love this book and have knit many patterns from it over the years. This is the second time I have knit this little cardigan... It's a favorite of mine. It's simple, wearable, cute and practical. And since I chose to knit it in Spud and Chloe sweater yarn in the Firecracker colorway.. it's also washable!



I think we'll be getting a lot of use out of this little jacket this winter season.


21 comments:

Jen said...

Cute!!

Unknown said...

It's very cute! and Debbie Bliss' designs are very practical, too. I love her patterns. Do you have "Essential Knits for Kids", this book has many wonderful patterns for toddlers.

Karen said...

What a cute sweater, and an adorable little outfit.

Retired Knitter said...

Wonderful pattern.

Maryse said...

Super cute! Beautiful yarn!

AnnaPrasad said...

Gorgeous and what a lovely colour. I love Debbie Bliss patterns, they're really easy to knit and fit very well.

Zenitude said...

I love this little sweater, especially in the red. I also have that book and with our second grandchild on the way, I've just found my next project. Thanks!

WildflowerWool said...

Super cute!

Lori said...

I love this jacket! You are going to have the best-dressed baby in town for sure! :)

Lisa said...

wow, a gorgeous color!

Deb said...

So cute! Your baby will be very well dressed!

grandmastatus said...

squeeeeee!!!

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Oh so wonderful!

tina said...

Adorable! I dearly miss knitting baby things it's been too long!

Evelyn said...

Spud and Chloe is on my (long) list of yarns to try and seeing this little hoodie confirms it! Lovely...

Sara said...

Great combo: Spud & Chloe and Debbie Bliss! Nice work!

Suzanne said...

This is so adorable on the bear. I can't imagine how over the top it will be with your baby wearing it.

Anonymous said...

Debbie Bliss is my absolute fave! This is a great pattern! Adorable in red!

Anonymous said...

The little jacket looks so lovely. I also like the one you have posted on ravelry, the lining is great! I think I might add this to my list of knitting projects to try!

In Julie's Opinion said...

I love it!! Great job :)

Unknown said...

Love it! I am looking for a new baby knit, looks like I just found it!