2.07.2012

Winter Trails x 3


I just received my three samples of my new Winter Trails pattern back from my test knitters.. and before I put them in this month's trunk shows, I thought I would share a picture.


For this pattern, I chose to have it tested in three different worsted weight yarn blends,
but all in a wintry off-white. 
I love seeing the differences that yarn choice makes in this design.



From the right: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Natural, Cascade Venezia Worsted in color #101, and Cascade Cloud 9 in color #101.


I think that my favorite has got to be Cascade Cloud 9. I have always really enjoyed how a fuzzy yarn like this looks knitted up in cables. (Here is another example of great cable-to-fuzz ratio. Oh and here is another favorite fuzzy knit.)

Thank you to Veronika, Stephanie, and CeRae for doing such a great job on these knits for me!

Pattern available HERE.


14 comments:

Unknown said...

They all look very lovely. But they need a model.

Truly Myrtle said...

They are all very lovely - but my favourite is the fluffy one to!

AgnÄ— said...

oh, very nice...

Cambria said...

I should have known my two favorites were Cascade yarns. I'm drawn to their yarns like a magnet, lol.

Lori said...

I was able to get a sample of Cascade Cloud 9 recently, and I fell head over heels in love! It feels sooooooo great but still gives you stitch definition. Perfect for this project!

All three are beautiful, but the Cloud 9 is my fave. :)

Julie said...

ooh, they look so sweet in a trio like that- and so fascinating to see the subtle differences with the yarns.

kjramstack said...

The cloud 9 is my favorite as well. It really looks like powdery snow!

On a different note, I was working at The Copper Llama (a LYS in Clintonville, WI) a few weeks ago and a customer asked me if I had ever used Cascade 220 sport. I just so happened to have my Oak Grove mitts with me that I just finished in that very yarn. So, I pulled them out to show the customer and she said, "Oh, that's an Alana Dakos pattern!" Why yes, yes it is. She's a big fan of you and was raving about Coastal Knits. :)

Suzanne said...

Ravelry makes it fun to see the same pattern worked up in various yarns but I love, love how the three look side by side in the same photo.

Evelyn said...

Each has such a nice quality to them ... and I love that you chose to have this design knitted in white. Beautiful.

Annie Cholewa said...

How pretty are these! Lovely, and like you I'm always fascinated by how much difference yarns of different fibres and spins makes :D

Laura Mae said...

I just love browsing through your site! I am wondering about your policies on selling my finished items from your patterns. Is this possible?

Laura
www.maescreations.blogspot.com

Maryse said...

White certainly is a great color this year! The three hats are beautiful! I think the fuzzy one is also my favorite although I loooovvvveee Malabrigo ;-)

L. P. said...

I like the Cloud 9 fiber best, too. I think it shows off the white to it's advantage.

AudKnits said...

I love seeing the differences in your gorgeous photos. I love the softness of the Cloud 9!