4.26.2013

Stitch By Stitch



While I am anxiously awaiting the shipment of Botanical Knits books to arrive from the printery, I have been busy working away on a new design project. This time a hooded sweater-coat out of the very warm 
Felted Tweed Aran yarn by Rowan.

This colorway is called Pebble and it is beautiful in its simplicity.
I love the halo of the alpaca content and the little flecks of blue. 



This particular project is taking awhile, but I am plugging away at it stitch by stitch.


I am especially excited about these textured sections featuring a cabled stitch pattern of my own design.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty yarn. I love cables so I can't wait to see what you've created.

Amanda

http://mydreamsweetlove.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

A coat?? PERFECT!!!! Can't wait to knit it up, will it be ready for this fall?? Dont' suppose you would need a test knitter?? :)

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

So beautiful! Before I knitted, I don't think I ever thought of gray as beautiful, but look at those stitches, that fabric...beautiful!!!

Lise said...

Looks amazing :) Looking forward to see it finished

Maryse said...

Intriguing! The yarn looks indeed wonderful!

Lori said...

Mmmmm ... looks very yummy. Can't wait to see it!

Suzanne said...

This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I love the soft alpaca + simple stitches :)

Grace
http://graceshalomhopkins.weebly.com/

TrishKnits said...

What pretty yarn - perfect for cables. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Donna said...

Pretty yarn; I love the flecks of blue in it.
I saw your Botanical Knits in The Knitter magazine; beautiful designs! I've just ordered a copy of your book; I can't wait to get started x