7.09.2013

Owl



I am still working away over here on my designs for the upcoming sequel... Botanical Knits 2! 



Right now I have the pleasure of working with Quince and Co's new yarn, Owl. Wow. I love it!
It's a 50/50 wool and alpaca blend that is lofty, soft and full of texture all at the same time.
It is amazing to knit with, and the fabric it creates is just lovely.

I am working up a new sweater design that I am really excited about. It has a design feature that I have never seen executed on a sweater before and is one that I feel is very fun to knit.

Thank you for your patience with me as I work hard behind the scenes to get these patterns ready for you. I am super excited about the work I have accomplished thus far.

You will have some more vague progress shots coming your way for awhile.. until I get ready for this collection's big reveal! :)


17 comments:

9peasMom said...

I can't wait, and that yarn looks so soft. I love the color as well!

Anonymous said...

I love the colour of that yarn - it's the perfect green! Can't wait to see what's coming :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for this sequel, the Botanical Knits collections was amazing. You really cannot go wrong with 50/50 wool/alpaca, wonderful colour

amchart said...

A sequel?! SQUEAL!

Kristen Rettig said...

Exciting!

Miss Holly said...

Your work is heavenly.....that yarn...I want to paint a room in it!!

Anita said...

Oh that's a nice colour and it looks soft. Happy knitting.
Cheers, Anita.

Kat Brown said...

I don't see a color of Owl on Quince that is that beautiful green. Do you know what it's called?

Unknown said...

I am so glad there will be a sequel!! Totally off topic, but do you mind tellling what kind of drapes those are (or the kind of fabric with which you made them?). They are lovely. :)

tss818 said...

I enjoyed episode 72, hearing about your upcoming book, yarn show adventures, and new knitting related "finds."

tss818 on Ravelry

Julie said...

that yarn must feel like squishy-soft heaven! although in this heat... nah, I bet it's still amazing.

Alana said...

Hello! I purchased the drapes at World Market. :) I love them!

Alana said...

To Kat,

I know.. I thought the same thing when I got the yarn in the mail. It is the Chamomile colorway. But it looks different on the website.

Hishandmaid said...

I'm excited you get to travel. I hope you come to the OH area sometime. I think I could drive up 4 hours to meet you. That also leave IL, and IN, also. Thanks for the giveaway.

Monster said...

So excited to hear there would be a sequel to the Botanical Knits!

tmyoung69 on Ravelry.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see your next book!!!!

Turtlestixs Knitting Frenzies said...

I really enjoyed your yarn reviews. Congratulations on expanding your travels to the East!