12.16.2014

Yoked


I recently knit up this sweet tiny little cardigan as a baby gift.
It took only a few hours to make. It was soooo quick and easy!
Granted.. this is the smallest size. It looks like it would fit maybe a 3 month old.



I used a stashed skein of Becoming Art worsted weight yarn. I lost the label.. so that is unfortunately all I know... but you cannot go wrong with Becoming Art. Everything Lisa dyes up is just beautiful. The pattern is called Yoked Cardigan by Hannah Fettig. I did make one tiny modification. I added some decreases to the sleeves to bring them in a bit. I prefer that to the flared sleeve look.



I think this might be my new go-to baby gift pattern. It is so very sweet. If you are looking for a last minute baby gift, this is the cardigan for you! 

Pattern available HERE.


10 comments:

Monica said...

How sweet! however, it looks very difficult for a beginner like myself! :)

Rie said...

Totally love it - both the style & the colour!

Karen said...

Could you tell us how to do the decreases. I love the way yours came out.

Helen S said...

This is gorgeous and with 2 new grandchildren on the way I am going to give it a try. Worsted is a bit thick for Brisbane, could I try a larger size in sport weight? I, too, would also be very grateful if you decided to share your sleeve mods. Beautiful! Thanks!

Julie said...

oh my gosh, that is SO pretty! I love it, and the colour you chose is so great.

CHEAPTAP.CO.UK -- Enjoy the water, enjoy your life! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

It is lovely.

Unknown said...

That's so cute! And what a great colour!

Iris said...

How sweet! Have bookmarked the pattern - this is a definite for the next baby gift. :)

JoanLivesToKnit said...

Is it possible to make this in a grown-up size? I love it.