3.29.2008

Clapotis

I've finished knitting the Clapotis.


I just love it. It was a nice simple project with just enough interest to not cause me to go brain dead. I can see now why this has been such a popular pattern. I especially enjoyed using this fabulous yarn. It is maybe the nicest yarn that I have ever worked with. It is insanely soft and the color saturation is outstanding.


Some Clapotis beauty shots for you..



Right side of the fabric.


Wrong side of the fabric.

I love the dropped stitches!

It adds so much drape and texture. It produces an airy lighter fabric that makes it that perfect wrap for spring and fall when it is a bit chilly out but not freezing. At least in the area that I live anyways.

The other great thing about Clapotis is that it can be worn in many different ways. It can be worn as a chunky scarf around your neck...



Or it can be a shawl-like wrap around your shoulders.

It even looks great with the wrong-side showing!

I ended up using 3.5 skeins of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb and size 9 needles for this project. As I had previously mentioned, this yarn is decadent. I have however seen the Clapotis made up in other beautiful not quite as err.. expensive yarns. Noro Silk Garden looks great in the project. Really any yarn that self-stripes or is variegated is really shown off by this pattern.

But as for me... I am planning on enjoying my super decadent Clapotis.

2 comments:

sweetp said...

That is stunning! I love the colour of the yarn, and it suits you :)

Dawn said...

Very pretty! My knittin group is doing this as a knitalong! I ordered yarn from the UK to do this is...alpaca/merino hand dyed. I can't wait to start it. I hope the yarn comes before I go to Cambria so I can bring it and show you. The Lion/Lamb yarn is sooo pretty...love the colors for you. Hugs