6.06.2008

Pomatomus Problems

I fell in love with the Pomatomus sock pattern a long time ago so I was super excited when I found out that The Scarlet Skein would be doing the Pomatomus Sock for the next Knit-A-Long! We are meeting either Tuesdays or Wednesdays through the months of June and July to work on this sock together.

Now this would be all fine and good if only I could get this stupid sock started!


This is the first time I cast on. I loved the look and feel of this Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Sock yarn but this colorway that I chose, although lovely, was just not right for this pattern.

Too busy.



Second attempt. Same yarn, different colorway.


I think that it was better than the first. The colors are more tonal, but not tonal enough. I was afraid that you would only be able to see the color striping and not the pattern stitch itself.


Arrgghhhh......

So I dug through the stash, and look at what I found! Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn from a purchase last summer!

I've decided that I like this the best out of the the three. I'm usually not a royal blue/purple type of gal, but I think that the color variations do not overwhelm the pattern and also the color keeps to the aquatic theme.

Don't you think it looks like fish scales?


Finally I'm happy and I can get knitting on this thing.

Lesson Learned: Look in your stash first!!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the blue the best!:) It does look like fish scales!

Anonymous said...

I love that 1st colorway you used but, the blue does justice to the pattern. It is beautiful. I love that it does look like fish scales.