7.18.2008

Pretty Pomatomus

Done!!!


These have been off the needles for a day or two now. I really raced through that second sock because I have a few other sock patterns that I desperately want to start.
I'm on a "knee-high sock kick" right now.




This pattern is the most complicated sock that I have knit to date. It isn't HARD, just one of the patterns where you have to pay attention every row. On the second sock, though I had chart A pretty much memorized and only had to look down occasionally to make sure that I was still on track.


My sister-in-law is making these same socks and when she finished her first, we both noticed how funny lookin the toe was. The pattern is written to include this ugly, pointy, squared off toe that really takes away from the beauty of the sock. I worked a standard rounded toe on my pair, and I think that it looks alot better.


This is what I did:

TOE:
Work decreases at stated in pattern until you have 64 stitches total.

Round 1: k all sts.
Round 2: Needle 1- k1, ssk, k to last 3 sts , k2tog, k1
Needle 2- k1, ssk, k to end
Needle 3- k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1
(4 sts decreased)

Repeat these last 2 rounds until 32 sts remain. Then work just Round 2 until 12 sts remain. Slip sts from needle 2 onto needle 3, and graft the stitches together using kitchener stitch.


I really am obsessed with how cute handknit socks look with a good pair of Mary Janes. I want to extend my sock wardrobe to have a different color sock for every outfit.

3 comments:

Cathi said...

I love that yarn! I'd like to actually see the toe of your sock. Got any to post?

Arianwen said...

They really are lovely! That was some seriously speedy knitting.

Dawn said...

Love the socks!