9.20.2008

Cap-Sleeved Eyelet Top





Today I took my new Cap-Sleeved Eyelet Top out on the town...






I just couldn't be happier about the finished product!

It fits perfectly and the yarn is so soft and warm.


To me this top just screams Fall.....



The style and texture paired with this color is so soo Autumn like.

I was so happy when I found this heathered red color nestled in with the other shades of Misti Alpaca. It was so warm and inviting. It reminded me of Tomatoes or like.... hmm...


...BRICKS...




"Hey, it is the color of bricks, isn't it?!"





I knit this top with 6 skeins of Misti Alpaca worsted and used size 6 and 7 US needles.


The only modification that I made was that I shortened the top a bit. I am only 5 foot 1 inch so I needed it to be a little less overwhelming for my frame.



Front








Back






I love this top! I will get so much use out of it this season!

14 comments:

sweetp said...

Stunning!!

Heather D. said...

The top looks fantastic, as do you! Great job. That colour is amazing.

Mollye said...

Beautiful sweater, beautiful color. And gosh Alana, would you eat something please!

Cathi said...

Looks great! Nice work, Alana!

EL said...

Beautiful & my favourite colour!! Great job!

Angel Knits said...

It's STUNNING! What a beautiful top and it's the perfect colour. Love it!

Arianwen said...

Gorgeous colour and a very flattering top.

Serenknitity said...

To me it screams 'Fabulous'.

Faith said...

Looks great on you!

Meghan said...

What a beautiful top! The color and style are perfect on you.

Jackie said...

This looks incredibly beautiful on you. The color is stunning.

Dawn said...

Love it! Just beautiful!

Brenda P. said...

I recently discovered your podcast and love it. It is very entertaining and I especially like your theme song. I have listened to each episode multiple times.

The cap-sleeved eyelet top looks great. You did a wonderful job customizing the fit.

Please keep the podcast coming. I look forward to more.

Knit Wit said...

I love this sweater!!!!