9.16.2008

"Closely Knit" knits

Lately I have been spending more time podcasting than blogging and I've realized that some serious blog updating needed to take place...
Here are some pictures of 2 new projects I've just recently cast on. Both are from the same book "Closely Knit"

This is the Cap-Sleeved Eyelet Top and I'm almost done! Tonight I am going to work on finishing the back and sleeves. I should be able to get some modeled shots up by this weekend...
This project is moving along quite fast, it is worked mostly in the round and the pattern is easy to memorize and follow.
I am knitting it up with Misti Alpaca Worsted and its soo soft. AND I was so pleased to find a color in this yarn that I loved besides green. I always, always want to choose green and I already have 3 green handknit sweaters!

Fall is in the air and I know that this top will be a great versatile wardrobe piece. I can wear it with jeans or a skirt, over a tank or long sleeved tee... the possibilities are endless!
Also.... The Lace-Tipped Striped Scarf....

This pattern is worked up in stripes using a DK weight and lace weight yarn. I chose Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk in a pretty vintage gold colorway and also Rowan Kid Silk Haze in....what else.... green!
At least I can think of a sweater or two to wear it with :)
I almost didn't want to take a picture of this project in its current state. I think that the lace stitch portion on the bottom is going through an awkward stage at the moment but will grow up to be a beautiful stitch pattern when blocked out...



One change I've made so far to this pattern is that I used the lace weight yarn at the bottom instead of the DK weight like the pattern called for. I like the looks of this better, plus I have more lace weight than I do the Sublime Dk.
It should turn out to be quite pretty...

4 comments:

Angelknits said...

Love your broadcasting! It's so neat and your voice is beautiful!
Your wips are looking fabulous! I especially love the lace one - love the colour and it's so feminine.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on my blog about projects! My queue on the Ravelry is getting longer! Thanks!

Sue said...

They both look like beautiful knits. I especially love how you knit the bottom of the scarf too.

Arianwen said...

I really like the tank! I was admiring it on ravelry. I agree with you about its Versatility.

Dawn said...

Love the top...that color is going to look wonderful on you. Love the color in the scarf too! Awesome job!