6.23.2010

Toasty Mitts




Recently I had the privilege of working with this gorgeous handspun skein provided by Lisa of Becoming Art. It was love at first sight. I find this color combination amazing! The colorway for this one is
"Green Goodness" just like the skein pictured in the previous blog post.
Of course this skein is spun up differently, but all of the same beautiful colors are there.

I had to make something simple and special with this yarn, so I decided to work up some mitts for this upcoming winter. The pattern is called "Toasty" and can be found for free here.

These mitts were so insanely easy to make! They went so fast and were so fun to make in this beautiful yarn.
I found it to be a wonderfully mindless, comforting knit.

I really enjoyed watching the colors change as I went. It's addicting working with yarn like this.. you always want to see what colors are coming up next.

I really love the way these turned out and I am now officially addicted to handspun yarn. This project even motivates me to drag out my spinning wheel and see if I can produce amazing yarn like this on my own.

After that entire project, I even have this cute little ball left over. I'm thinking that my daughter's doll might just need a handspun sweater. :)

Click here to see all of the beautiful yarns and fibers that Becoming Art has to offer.




26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!!

Chasity said...

These are gorgeous. Don't you just love yarn?!? I know I do. I just finished a project so I may just start on these next. Thanks for sharing.

ZuzanaK said...

It's often hard to visualize how the yarn will look like when knitted up. So I wasn't so sure about this grean one when you mentioned it before.
But now I really love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn & adorable mitts!

Carla said...

That yarn is lovely! The mitts are even more lovely!!

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful. And they look perfect for the fall!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Yes, that is the fun of working with a varigated yarn or even a dye spaced yarn. The patterns that are created are fun to watch and it looks like you have done a lot of extra work!
Debbie

thewalshfam said...

Absolutely gorgeous yarn! Thanks for sharing these pictures of your finished mitts!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous yarn...those look nice and warm and cuddly!

Robyn Devine said...

love the mitts, and i'm in love with that hand-spun! i made several pair of these Toasty mitts last winter for friends and family, and everyone i gave a pair to absolutely loved them!

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

SO beautiful!!!

mkonieczki said...

The colors in that yarn are beautiful! Thanks for showcasing some new yarn! I'm always looking for fun new designers!

Anonymous said...

Wow. The colors are just lovely!

Knit Kat said...

This yarn is something else!!

I have never seen anything like it!! I bet you can't wait until winter to try out the new mitts!

Ariane said...

gorgeous! I'm usually not a big fan of selfstripping or colored yarn. I prefer solids or variagated... but this... wow!

Andi said...

The yarn is beautiful and it worked up so well! I usually don't like the way multicolored yarn works up but your mitts look perfect in that yarn.

My Fair Daisy said...

Beautiful yarn! Love the colorway and your Toasty mitts :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous!! That toast pattern is perfect for handspun and handspun-esque yarns, they just really show all the colour off. So lovely!

Anonymous said...

Bee-yoo-tiful. That yarn is ART.

Maryse said...

Usually, I also like solid colors, but this multicolor yarn works really well this pattern. The combination of colors is awesome!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! I love how the simple pattern really shows off the beauty of the handspun yarn!!

Skein said...

Beautiful and rustic, I love it! It really was the most perfect pattern for that gorgeous yarn...I bet you cant wait for winter:)

Poethead said...

Oooh! I love the yarn!

Megan C. said...

I love that yarn/pattern combo so much that I am seriously considering dropping $50 on a skien. Is it the watercolor-dye yarn? My other thought is to put it on my birthday list and be ever-so-sweet to my family...

SweetPotato said...

Beautiful! Hmmm...might need to get my hands on some of this yarn eventually.

pearl said...

love your yarn and your toasty's.