12.09.2010

Best Friend Sweater


Over a year ago now, I designed this little sweater for Spud and Chloe.
I'm so happy to see that it has finally been published!



This sweater is available in children's sizes 1-12 which is so great. 
It is fun for me to see it modeled by an older child because the version that I turned in was a tiny size 2.


Here is my original sweater. I named it the Campfire Jacket. 
My friend's little boy, Benjamin, modeled it for me. Isn't he so sweet?


For all of you who complain about me not designing things for boys... well... here you go! :)

This is a great little cardigan because, like all of my other children's patterns, it is knit in one piece! Even the pockets are knitted in. Its unisex, cozy and warm. And of course you know how much I love the Spud and Chloe Sweater yarn! It's a perfect choice for children's garments.


The color that this sweater is knitted in is called "Chipmunk". I've never seen a dark green chipmunk myself... (except for this one) but anyways.. this colorway is what inspired the campfire theme. I found these amazing handmade tree branch buttons on Etsy, and I think that they really made the sweater extra special.



All of the pattern information can be found HERE on the Spud and Chloe website. 
All of the Spud and Chloe patterns can be purchased through your local yarn shop.

I feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to design for such an awesome company. 
I hope you enjoy this knit!

30 comments:

tothfamily25 said...

so cute, I might try this for my grandson, I am a new knitter do you think I could tackle it?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's absolutely beautiful! I can see my 13 year old niece wearing this. In fact, I do need a birthday idea for her soon.

Sherral said...

Looooove it!

shannon said...

Ok, so simple and adorable. Love the pockets!

Carol said...

Those buttons really do add a lot to the sweater. What a beautiful pairing of knitting artistry with clever use of "scrap" wood. Charming!

penelope10 said...

Love the one piece idea, very smart and the buttons are a great match!

Suzanne said...

It's so exciting to see the garments you have spoken of in very hushed words on your podcasts. :-) Congrats!

Poethead said...

OOOoooh! I love this! Thanks for designing it! I want one for myself!

CeRae said...

Congratulations on another adorable pattern, AND for getting it published with Spud & Chloe :) I love their yarns!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that sweater and the cool little buttons. Great design... and such a great idea to give two besties for Christmas.

Teal said...

Very cute sweater and the buttons are perfect. Congratulations!

Suzy Girl said...

What a great sweater pattern! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Love the pockets - great touch!

Casey said...

I love it - and both of my kids can wear it! I have a six year old girl and an eight year old boy and it is getting really hard to find simple, wearable patterns for them.

Kathryn said...

I wish I could order Every Single One of Your Patterns, I love them so! I have 8 boys and 1 little girl and I would LOVE to knit up that sweater for all of them (ambitious, and crazy..I know)

Susan J. said...

Gorgeous! I have a little cousin who I'd love to make that for (but not til after Christmas!)

Tara said...

I love this! I need to make one for my son and daughter. It's great that there is such a large range of sizes.

Catalina said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on the publishing of your pattern :)

Tracey said...

New Petite purls winter issue - sweater with LEAVES! I immediately thought of you. Picture it in green and it would be the perfect sweater for your daughter!!
http://petitepurls.com/winter10/winter2010_p_cascade.html

Julie said...

what a beautiful jacket!! and those wooden buttons are so perfect. a beautiful design!

Kim said...

Congrats on such a sweet pattern! It's really cute in the small size, and not too-cute in the larger.

Maryse said...

Congratulations! Beautiful designs!

Madge said...

Beautiful sweater.

http://catcartoons.blogspot.com/

Val said...

Beautiful!!! Congrats on the publication!

PennyG said...

Lovely sweater! I like the shaping on the pocket ribbing!

Gene said...

My daughter have a sweater similar to this design, only it's machine knitted, seamed and I do not like the feel of the yarn. I'd love to make another one for her. Do you have plans of putting it on sale online? I live in the Philippines and don't have access to US yarn shops.

Miranda said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! That is going on the "to-knit" list immediately!

rusticknitter said...

You sweater design is really cute and I appreciate that it is knit all in one piece.

The French Press slippers caught my attention a while ago and to hear the story behind them makes me want to put them at the top of my queue. I'll have to figure out the top-load washing machine angle as we just got a front-load.

Thanks for your podcast! Merry Christmas.

J said...

Yet again a great sweater. Thanks for the minimal seaming. Love the green and those buttons are completely fitting for it!
Jennifer
Ravelry: Kruegsjen

AudKnits said...

What a great sweater! I love the pockets. And so many sizes... hmm, I could knit one for each of my many nieces and nephews. Congratulations!