12.06.2010

Pashmina Vines



I've just received all of the Autumn Vines Beret samples back from my test knitters.
All 3 of these hats were knit from Madelinetosh Pashmina
which is an excellent substitute yarn for this pattern.
The hats used approx half of the yarn. I think that you could definitely make 2 hats from one skein.

Colorways from left to right: Tart, Winter Wheat, and Briar

All of these samples were sent off in this month's trunk show displays. 
Check the schedule to see if any of these hats will be appearing at a yarn shop near you.



Out of all of these colors, I have to say that my favorite has to be this Winter Wheat colorway... 
although I probably shouldn't wear it in a hat. 
It would perfectly blend in with my blond hair and look really strange, I'm sure.

I am dreaming of a sweater in this color though. That would be so pretty. 
That delicate gold has really got me hooked.


Thank you again to Yaena, CeRae, and Andrea for test knitting for me! You did a wonderful job!


13 comments:

Julie said...

They are so beautiful all together like that!! simply gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Such great colors too. Wonderful pattern... and a great yarn!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alana! Did Lily's test knit arrive yet?

Suzanne said...

Those are just lovely. I wish I could get away with wearing a beret but alas, I just don't have that kind of head.

Denise said...

I just checked the trunk show and it will be in Georgetown in January, that is right next to me, I can't wait to go over there and see. I'm so excited.
:)

Unknown said...

I've purchased this pattern, and I'm going to knit it. Alana, do you think Spud & Chloe Fine would be a good yarn for it? I like the red hot color. Thanks.

Alana said...

Hi Lucy,

I think that Spud and Chloe fine would be a little too... um.. fine. :)

A slightly thicker sport weight yarn would work better.

Thanks!

Kristin said...

You have a gift! What a beautiful patterned hat. I love it! It is so fun to see someone follow their passion. I don't know how you find the time as the mother of a little girl. You are inspiring.

YarninMama said...

Just so beautiful! Do you think I can use a fingering weight (New England Shetland) doubled to make this?

Alana said...

YarninMama:

Fingering weight doubled might work, you'll just have to do a gauge swatch and see how it works out!

Alana

Maryse said...

I agree that they look awesome all together! Gorgeous berets! What a fine yarn!

Poethead said...

I don't wear hats, but I almost would wear this one. It's lovely! The colors are so great!

Ivete Tecedor said...

I really love this hat, adding it to my queue! Thanks for the lovely design!