9.15.2012

Tundra




I recently pulled out some of the Fibre Company's new Tundra yarn for a new pattern, and the colors were so pretty I just had to snap a quick picture to share before dismantling these skeins.

This yarn is similar in weight and feel to the ever popular Misti Alpaca Chunky that I used in my Shawl Collared Cowl design. But it has a more luxurious hand with the addition of merino and silk. And who can resist those Fiber Company colorways? Not I.

The colorways shown above are Larch and Mink. I am not planning on using them together.. but the colors look so nicely put side to side.

As a little update.. my husband and I have been working very long hours behind the scenes here to bring you some really exciting new surprises. Hannah and I are working on releasing some new Coastal Knits goodies in honor of our 1 year anniversary. Also, we are working on getting everything in order to open up 
pre-orders for the new "Annie" book. It's exciting! And busy! 
I look forward to showing you lots of fun new things very soon.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

The colours of that yarn are so cozy and autumnal, I look forward to seeing the finished piece :)

I hope it all goes well,

Emmaknitted.blogspot.com

Blåbærlina said...

LOVELY SOFT AND CHUNKY YARN :o)
Fall is just a lovely time for us knitters :O)
Nina

Unknown said...

You love these autumn colours, Alana, don't you? And autumn is coming!

sajuki said...

pretty yarn !
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com

ohsusanna! said...

Nice yarn. I am so excited about Swiss Cheese!
You sure are busy!

Bay Area Knitter said...

Oh I am so looking forward to getting your new Annie book for my 8 year old daughter. I taught her to knit at the age of 5!