1.16.2014

Skeinettes



While I was recently visiting the yarn shop Loop, during my recent visit to Philadelphia, I picked up these adorable tiny skeins of Koigu fingering weight yarn called "skeinettes".

The owner of the shop, Craig, assured me that they are the perfect amount of yardage for a single hexipuff.


And so they were. :)


I am slowly but surely adding to my beloved Beekeepers Quilt. I am so happy to have these "skeinettes" from Philadelphia included in the mix. I so enjoyed my time on the east coast and I know that whenever I see these little puffs in my finished blanket, I will remember that trip.



Into the bag they go with the rest of their friends! :)


7 comments:

Heather said...

How awesome is that! I love it when I can find exactly what I need for a project. Good to see your hexipuffs are still coming along, they look great!

Julie said...

those little skeins are so cute, and what a great way to try out a new yarn, if you haven't used it before.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your hexipuffs look gorgeous and those skeinettes are SO tempting!!!

Unknown said...

I bought some of those skeinettes for a friend who makes knitted finger puppets for children's storytimes :) They are great! So colorful and a nice amount of yarn.

rinebird said...

Craig is wonderful as are all the Loop staff. I am lucky it is my LYS. Love the hexi puffs.

kathy b said...

awww I have one tiny skein, but no hexiplans. YOURS are so sweet

Ariane said...

What cute hexipuffs! I started my beekeeper's quilt at the beginning of the month and am absolutely addicted! They are so fun to make and are perfect for mini skeins and skeinettes!