8.07.2008

Let the Games Begin!



I signed up for the Ravelympics!

I am competing with Team Central Coast on Ravelry in the "Sweater Sprint" event. The idea behind Ravelympics is that you have to cast on a project in the opening ceremonies of the Summer Olympics and cast off during the closing ceremonies. You are supposed to start a project that would be a challenge for you to complete in 17 days.

I have been planning on starting the Winter Wonderland Coat out of the book Inspired to Knit, but knew that there was no way I could knit that in 17 days. Unless I didn't eat, bathe, or use the restroom.... So I decided to make the Lush and Lacy Cardigan my Ravelympics project.
It is a much more manageable sized sweater.

It will be a challenge, but I will finish it.

I've been wanting to make this sweater for awhile! I'm really excited to start!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Can't wait to see your progress! Love the green! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it!

Alterknitiveknitter said...

What book is this pattern from?

Alterknitiveknitter said...

Where is this pattern from?