8.16.2008

Retro Redux

The fastest shrug of all time....



I finished this Retro Redux Shrug over a week ago now, and finally bribed my husband into taking some pictures for me.

I finished this shrug in like 5 days. It was so quick and easy.
So much for the "knit-a-long" idea...

I am really glad that I made this project because I think it will be the perfect accessory to throw over a tank this summer when evening comes or if I'm in some heavy air conditioning.




I ended up changing the pattern a tiny bit, I made the sleeves longer. I think sleeves are a bit more flattering elbow length than when they end at the mid upper arm, which is what the pattern calls for.

I used 4 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and still have most of that fourth ball left over. If I hadn't made the sleeves longer, I could have easily knit this shrug with only 3 balls. That is a pretty inexpensive knitting project!

The pretty lace stitch is just a two row repeat, making it a pretty mindless pattern.



We all need "mindless" once in awhile...

4 comments:

Arianwen said...

That is really cute! I love the colour.

Dawn said...

It turned out gorgeous! Love the color!

Lois said...

That is sooo cute!!! I have a question though. You look pretty young, but I can't tell how young. My daughter is 18. Do you think she would love the shrug. Want to make it for her!!!!

Alana said...

Hi Lois!

To answer your question Im 25 and I totally think an 18 year old would love this shrug! Shrugs are "in" right now!