3.09.2009

Making Progress


Well. My Forecast sweater is definitely coming along.
Its squishy, textury, fun to knit.. I really think I'm going to love this sweater!
This last week I picked out some buttons that I really like, even though I will never use them...


Um yea... I am quite certain that this sweater might be a little small on me. I never know what size to choose!!! I fall between the small (32") and medium(36") size on this sweater. I measure somewhere around a 34 and it seems that every time I try to knit a 36 inch size it looks boxy and baggy. So lately Ive been leaning towards 32" sweaters and it has turned out well. My Lush and Lacy Cardigan and Cap-Sleeved Eyelet Top are both good examples of this. But this one is a little bit too snug. My gauge might also be to blame. I don't know.
Sometimes I knit tighter than my swatch.
Its a little disappointing but I'll be fine. I still haven't blocked it yet which might loosen things up, and if all else fails I can just wear it open with just one button keeping it together. I tend to wear all of my sweaters that way anyways. And there is also crash dieting, which is a last resort of course.
In case you are wondering. I am not ripping out and reknitting. No way.



So the body is all knit and I am just working on the sleeves now. I love the bobbly panel going down the sleeve. Its so cute!

Looks as though I won't even need a 5th skein to complete this sweater. I only have a sleeve and a 1/2 left to knit and I still have this much left on my 4th skein of O-wool Classic.


Think I'll make it?

15 comments:

Laura said...

It's gorgeous!

Poethead said...

The sweater is really beautiful. Your camera is doing a fantastic job! The buttons are perfect.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous pics and fabulous sweater! Hmmm, I might get to see it in person huh?:)

BarbaraS said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the sweater, before I even read the post was--"Oooh, I just want to squeeeeeze that!" Your photos do wonderful justice to that yarn/sweater!

CeRae said...

Yes, very squeezable indeed! I just love the texture and the color.

Lisa Stepi said...

Love that color.

Learner Ros said...

That is turning out lovely! I love the buttons.

Anonymous said...

The colour is stunning, and the buttons are mesmerizing. Don't fret the size - garter likes to grow a little horizontally, and a stern blocking can give you room, too.

Kris said...

Loving the color... it reminds me of my St. Brigid that I'm working on right now.

Didn't I read somewhere that blocking fixes everything?;)

Angie said...

Beautiful! :)

Cathi said...

Seems like a fair trade, Alana - you got your daughter's shrug, she gets your "Forecast." ;-) Love the buttons! Nice work!

Faith said...

OK, those buttons are just kick-arse, and that sweater is the perfect shade of marigold! I can't wait to see it completed. Really hope it fits you! Would be terribly sad if it didn't. The texture is just incredible.

Patti said...

Beautiful

Knitting Diva said...

This sweater is yummy and as always, your pics are beautiful!

Can't wait to see your next venture.

AudKnits said...

Well if it doesn't fit you, I'll volunteer for the crash diet instead. About 30 pounds later, this'd fit me just fine. I love it!