10.05.2008

Lace Tipped Striped Scarf

I finally got some pictures taken of my new "Lace Tipped Striped Scarf".



I really really like it. The colors are great and will add a dash of color to a blah winter outfit.



I knit this scarf using 2 balls of Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK and one ball of Rowan Kid Silk Haze on US size 4 needles.

The combination of dk weight and lace weight made an interesting, lightweight but warm texture. Its very soft!

I was craving something something striped to knit and this project was perfect! I like that there is a bit of lace detail on the bottoms to add a little interest, so that its not just plain old stripes.


I also think its so pretty how the yarn combinations make this scarf transparent when held up to the light.



Great pattern. Fun to knit. Fun to wear. What more could a knitter ask for?

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the colors!:) Love all your pics too! Great job!

Unknown said...

Pretty! I like how it turned out, Alana. Nice call on the KSH lace ends. That'd be pretty on your mom too. (No, she didn't pay me to say that.) ;-)

Arianwen said...

That is really pretty...I have some kidsilk haze I will have to take it with me to the next knitting show and see if I can match it up.

Allegra said...

The scarf is gorgeous!

Diane Wright said...

I was browsing and saw this scarf and wondered if you sell the pattern for it?