10.27.2011

Aviatrix





One of my favorite things I have knit for the baby is this sweet little aviator style hat. 
This is from the free pattern, Aviatrix, and it's knit using Blue Sky Alpacas Sport.

It's hard to capture the hat's unbelievable cuteness with it just laying flat like this... It seriously needs to be modeled for the full effect. Unfortunately, there were no teddy bears around with the appropriate head size, so we'll just have to wait until baby arrives to get the perfect shot.

I know this hat will be warm and cozy and I love how it buttons around the chin. If I had more time, I would love to make this in every size and in many different yarn and button combinations. 

Did you know that this pattern actually comes in 7 different sizes with options for 3 different yarn weights?!? Amazing, right? 



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's amazing for a pattern! different sizes and weights of yarn! thanks for sharing.

And Yes, you seriously need to have it modeled by the new baby!

AnnaPrasad said...

What a gorgeous hat, I've just cast on for this! Looking forward to seeing it on your new arrival (when it does decide to make an appearance)!

Suzanne said...

It couldn't be cuter...except on your baby's head.

Kristina said...

I made this one for my nephew. It is so easy, and incredibly cute! It seems to look adorable no matter the yarn, but the buttons used are very important!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Lovely details... especially the buttons!

Lori said...

Oh, I love the gray and red. So cute! You are going to have the best-dressed baby boy in town for sure!

Unknown said...

Wow, so many options! I love the button detail. I think that might be the perfect little hat. I'l have to give it a try!

Melanie Routhier said...

The Aviatrix has been in my Ravelry Queue for ages now. Your version is just adorable. Now I am inspired to knit my own. Thank you!

Knit Wit said...

I started this for my little guy. However he likes to be held so..... I had to put it hold. Your's looks so cute!

Crochet Renee' said...

Oooohhh...I must make this hat! Thanks for posting!

Laura said...

Aviatrix was on my list of patterns that I never knit for my first child and so MUST knit for my second (and last!) before she outgrows them all. I finished it last week but, being 2, she now has strong opinions about what she will and will not wear and, sadly, Aviatrix is apparently not on her approved list. Can't wait to see yours modeled!

Cyndiecas said...

Do you have a.pattern for this hat?