10.24.2011

The Countdown Begins




In two weeks from today (or really any time in between) we will be welcoming a new baby boy into our family. There is nothing like self publishing a book to make 40 weeks of pregnancy fly by!

Right now I am going through that crazy pregnant lady "nesting" phase where I feel absolutely panicked about getting all loose ends tied up and everything set and ready for the baby.

I happen to have these two gorgeous gray cabled knits on the needles at the moment.. and although its completely illogical, I feel the desperate need to get both done before the baby's arrival. 

Because... those things make total sense when you are a crazy pregnant lady... ok? 
Ok.

This is the Gramps Cardigan pattern in progress.. being knit out of Madelinetosh DK. I seriously think that this is the cutest baby sweater ever. I know I've said that before.. but seriously.. It's the NEW cutest one ever. 
I can't wait to finish it!


And also vying for my attention is an extremely snuggly cozy Rocky Coast Cardigan for me, knit in the amazing Fiber Company Terra yarn. What a joy this is to knit, and I imagine it would be a comforting thing to wear in the cold wintry postpartum period up ahead.


I better get to work! I only have two weeks left! Will I make it??

In the meantime, I'll continue sharing the pictures of my already completed baby knits with you.. look for more over the next few weeks!


21 comments:

Melanie Routhier said...

How exciting! I'm currently 32 weeks along with my first. Baby knits are my obsession right now. That Gramps cardigan is adorable!

millefeuilles said...

The last days of pregnancy are a heightened time. Have you withdrawn into yourself at all? There is nothing more magical than holding a new-born baby.... apart, possibly, from finishing the new-born baby knits in time for his arrival!

Suze said...

I remember the crazy-late-pregnancy days. Good luck with the baby!

Monica said...

I skipped this phase altogether, my son was 5 weeks early...but I can still understand the panic you are feeling.
My book arrived yesterday and I adore it. The photos, the stories you guys shared...Thank you.
can't wait to see more baby knits, and in the future perhaps some patterns for little boys?

French Press Knits said...

Excited for you, and to see your little man in his Gramps. Did you know Jill welcomed her new little boy last night :-)

Retired Knitter said...

Love my book. Thank you so much. Good luck with the baby. All will go fine I am sure.

Unknown said...

What an exciting time for you and your family! I love that shot of your daughter with your belly. So cute!

Amy said...

Hooray for baby knits! The gramps sweater is too cute :) Good luck these upcoming weeks...hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Kristen Rettig said...

I love the idea of a gramps baby sweater for a little guy. Adorable.

I rec'd my book and just love the patterns and all the stories. I have always loved the CA central coast, especially this time of year. Maybe time for a road trip! My best to you these last weeks of waiting!

Tina said...

Take care of yourself!! Good luck with your new baby!

sylphette said...

OMG! You are funny. What cozy knits -- is your daughter excited for her new baby brother?? Yay! :)

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

These are both gorgeous! And so are you...congrats again, and best of luck for an easy and quick delivery, and a healthy baby boy to snuggle and cuddle and love.

Anonymous said...

Very excited with you - my friend and I read your blog and have been wishing you well since you first announced your pregnancy!
Coincidentally, my daughter/hubbie and her son/gf both also announced they were expecting at around the same time as you - our two kids went to day nursery together 25 years ago and would you believe, both babies arrived on the same day, 10 days ago?! My new (2nd) grandchild is a girl and her first grandchild is a boy :))

Sara said...

You'll be fine. Mothers are like that, you know...

grandmastatus said...

Yay!!! And what a cute picture :D
But you should definitely finish that up before the baby gets there and demands all your time.

Auntea said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest photo of you and your daughter!!

Maryse said...

The picture of your belly and your daughter is so beautiful! Those gray knits are looking good so far! Have a good two weeks (or less) before the miracle arrives!

Kate said...

YAY!!!! I love your gramps. Knew I would :)

Evelyn said...

Love your post -- the great photo of belly and daughter and the photos of your WIPs. Enjoy these last few days of quiet time before baby boy arrives.

Jessica said...

Awww, that photo is the sweetest! Can't wait to see more of your baby knits as you wait for his arrival.

Hishandmaid said...

thank you for the update.

Your picture is super adorable.

Honey, you'll never be ready for the precious new arrival, but have fun trying!